On October 27th, 2009, Canadians are going to Ottawa to ask our political leaders to take the strongest possible stand on Iran. We urge you to join us at this year’s Democracy in Action – Crisis in Iran.
We must each stand up and take action regarding the effort to compel the Iranian regime to comply with and honour its obligations regarding its nuclear program, its human rights record and its role as a state sponsor of terrorism. Around the world, grassroots activists are speaking out and showing up to make their voices heard. In Canada, our voices are needed now before it is too late.
- Hear about human rights abuses in Iran from Iranian-Canadian insider Nazanin Afshin-Jam, Co-founder and President, Stop Child Executions.
- Get the latest news on the fight for democracy from pro-democracy activist and blogger Sayeh Hassan.
- Discover why it is important for all Canadians to take a vocal stand in a briefing by The Honourable Irwin Cotler, P.C., O.C., M.P.
- Learn more about the Iranian nuclear threat posed to the world from international security expert David B. Harris.
- Find out what the Western world can do to help from Mark Dubowitz, Executive Director, Foundation for Defense of Democracies.
- Learn effective lobby techniques from Shimon Koffler Fogel, CEO, Canada-Israel Committee – and then put them into immediate action.
For more information about this event, please contact JudyZelikovitz@cicweb.ca
For details about group flight rates to Ottawa arranged by UJA Federation, please call or write to Leigh Brown at 416.635.2883 ext. 5394 or firstname.lastname@example.org